Updated August 2019
Keep your Dojo listing up to date by creating an event for your upcoming Dojo session. This will enable parents and Ninjas to easily find your event and make a booking. It will also help your Dojo to maintain an active online presence.
You can quickly and easily create an event for your next Dojo session on our community platform, Zen. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Zen account. The login details are the same you used when you completed your 'Start a Dojo' form.
- On Zen, click the 'My Dojos' bar located in the drop-down menu at the top right.
- You’ll see a list that includes your Dojo(s). Select the Dojo you wish to create an event for by clicking on its expand icon on the far right.
- On the right side of the expanded Dojo listing, click on the blue ‘Create Event’ button.
- You’ll be presented with a form to create an event. Fill in the event title, e.g. “September Dojo Session,” the date and time, and ticket numbers as required.
6. If you need to edit the event location or event description, click on the pencil icon beside the details of the event and change the details as required. Please note: if you need to change your Dojo venue permanently, you can do so on your Dojo page. Remember that Dojos must be held in public locations and never in private residences.
- To select a date and time for your Dojo session, click on the date display box, and then click on the correct date in the calendar that shows.
8. When you’ve put in all the details, you are ready to publish your event on your Dojo profile page.
- To let your Dojo members know about your new event, select the box “Send an email to Dojo members about this event” and then click on the blue 'Publish' button
- If you are not ready to share your event with your Dojo yet, simply leave this box unselected and then click on the blue 'Publish' button
Once you click on the 'Publish' button, your new event will be displayed on your Dojo profile page!
Note: some Dojos choose to use a different ticketing platform to manage their Dojo events, e.g. Eventbrite. You can integrate your Eventbrite event with Zen so that it will be displayed on your Dojo’s profile page. See instructions on how to set this up here.