Want to celebrate your Dojos achievements but aren't eligible for a Dojo birthday pack at the moment? Find all the resources listed here linked at the end of this article.
- A4 Happy Birthday poster English
- A4 Happy Birthday poster in Japanese
- A4 Happy Birthday poster in Italian
- A3 Happy Birthday poster
- Birthday cake PNG
- A4 one pager Scratch birthday project
- Sparkles one pager project
Party Hat template
This printable A4 template shows attendees how to cut out, make and customise their own party hats. Attendees can even add some hardware to their hat like micro:bits to make their hats into wearable technology!
Additional birthday themed projects
- Style guide with logo, PNGs and SVGs of Characters
- Code a customisable birthday card in HTML/CSS
- Code your own party music with Sonic Pi
- Create a 3D model of a Monkey wearing a party hat in Blender
- Create random sparkles using a Sense HAT or the Trinket emulator
DIY CoderDojo Cookie cutters
Make your own CoderDojo baked goods. With every birthday pack Dojos get three star cookie cutters but you can make your own using a knife to cut out star shapes, and a glass or cup to make circle's for CoderDojo ying-yang cookies!
Use food colour and plain icing, or ready coloured icing to colour your circles. A low cost alternative is using white cooking chocolate and dark cooking chocolate instead. This can be melted in a bowl over hot water and spooned into position.
Marzipan is a great way to utilise your star templates too! Use jam or melted chocolate to stick your stars in place.
Get some plain balloons and use them to encourage Ninjas to share their highlights from the year. Write a question on each balloon, such as "what have you learned to make at your Dojo this year?". Then pass the balloons around, letting Ninjas write their answers on each.