Keeping young people safe is of paramount importance to the entire CoderDojo community. This section covers background checking requirements for safeguarding children and young people while running a Dojo in the United Arab Emirates.
- Name of Certificate: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) or Certificate of Good Conduct
- Department responsible for criminal records: Ministry of the Interior
- Information website: Here
Where to apply?
- Ministry of Interior Address: 1st Street, W 56 - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- 110 other MOI Service Centres: Here
How to apply?
You can apply for the certificate online through the Ministry of Interior’s website and/or their smartphone app MOI UAE available on iTunes and Google Play. You may also visit one of the MOI’s services centres and get the document done after filling the application form and paying applicable fees through the electronic payment cards.
In Dubai, the service is available through the Dubai Police’s website or through the Dubai Police smart app available on iTunes and Google Play. You may get it offline through the Dubai Police’s offices.
The following documents are required:
- a valid Emirates ID card
- a letter from the beneficiary stating that he/she does not have any pending criminal convictions
- a recent passport-size photograph
- a copy of the applicant’s passport
If you are no longer resident in the UAE, you need to get your fingerprint card approved by the UAE Embassy in the foreign country where you reside and submit the application online with:
- two recent passport-sized photographs
- a copy of your valid passport
- a copy of your last UAE visa
- the reason for the application.
Who can apply:
The PCC is available for applicants who are currently residing in the UAE, or those who are no longer UAE residents.
Cost, payment and turnaround:
UAE National - Dh100; Residents - Dh200; from outside the UAE - Dh300 plus Dh10 Knowledge fee and Dh10 Innovation fee.
Processing time is around 15 working days from receipt and around 30 working days for applications that include fingerprints.
Additional Information Contacts:
Customer Care Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Care Phone: Call 901
Customer Care Fax: 042171717
Customer Care Working Hours: 24 hours
PO Box 1493 Dubai UAE