- To raise awareness of the activities of CoderDojo among people who are unfamiliar with the movement
- To demonstrate the many benefits of being part of a Dojo for Ninjas, parents, and volunteers
- To inspire young people to explore activities related to science, technology, engineering, and maths to attend your Dojo
- To benefit parents who are unfamiliar with technology and unsure if they can support their child in attending a Dojo
- To showcase the strength of local/regional Dojos to the wider community and recruit new Ninjas, mentors, and volunteers
- To engage with potential supporters of CoderDojo in the area, such as tech companies
You should only run a MegaDojo if the Dojos in your area have free spaces for more Ninjas after the event. This will ensure that the impact of your event does not simply fizzle out, and instead the kids who’ve gotten a taste of the Dojo experience can start attending regularly.