We always appreciate donations of hardware or software to the CoderDojo community. Providing pro bono hardware/software resources helps us to bring coding education to more young people on a local and global scale by providing more learning opportunities for our community members, particularly for those with limited access to such resources.
Criteria for hardware/software donations
Please note that donations of hardware and/or software must meet the following criteria:
- Hardware or software must be provided free of charge. Discounted products will not be promoted.
- Hardware must be in good working condition, preferably new.
- Software/content must be provided for a licensing period of at least one year, in order for the recipients to gain lasting benefit from the offer.
- Software in particular must be relevant and useful, and must have the potential to positively impact the CoderDojo community.
- Software/content should be engaging to the CoderDojo community and delivered in a digestible and understandable format.
- Software should be accompanied by information outlining how it can be incorporated into a Dojo setting.
How to donate
Depending on what you wish to donate, your approach should vary.
- Donating a small quantity of hardware devices or software licenses (less than thirty): A donation of this scale is probably best offered directly to one or several Dojos local to you. Please find Dojos near you and contact them via the email on their Dojo listing page to talk to them about the practicalities. Note: if the type of item is such that a Dojo might realistically only need one (e.g. a 3D printer or robot) but you have several to donate, please contact the Foundation as outlined for larger donations below.
- Donating a larger quantity of hardware or software licenses (thirty or more): Please contact the CoderDojo Foundation through our contact form — choose "Start a Software, Hardware or Content partnership with CoderDojo" and fill in the appropriate details.
Promotion for donations
If the software or content you are providing meets the above criteria, it can be promoted through one or more of the following means following an agreement with the relevant staff member at the CoderDojo Foundation:
- Blog post on the CoderDojo website
- Post in the CoderDojo Community Forums
- Posts across social media channels
- Inclusion in the CoderDojo content newsletter
If you would like your donation to be promoted, please make this known in your communications with the CoderDojo Foundation and respond with a short note outlining:
- The nature of the hardware/software or content
- How it can can be used in a Dojo setting
- Its relevance to the CoderDojo community
Thank you for considering donating hardware or software to the CoderDojo movement!