Having a team to run your Dojo with is really important as it makes the Dojo more sustainable and will allow you as the champion to take a break once you get started.
How do I find mentors and volunteers?
- Start locally - Put up notices in places like local business centres or community centres to generate local interest and to find mentors and get parents who have technical background involved as mentors. We encourage getting non technical mentors as well.
- Colleges & Universities - Approach colleges/universities with information on how to become a CoderDojo mentor.
- Companies - Reach out to local companies that may have technical employees and encourage them to get involved.
- Twitter - Set up a Twitter account for your Dojo and start reaching out to your local tech community.
- Website - You can set up a website for your Dojo and have an expression of interest form on your site.
- Linkedin - Find out how to get linkedin information for mentors here!
We have a template letter for potential mentors / volunteers available for you to use should you wish.