Volunteering at a Dojo is an incredibly rewarding experience and Dojos are always looking for new individuals to help out. Please follow the instructions below for information about how to get involved.
I need to find a Dojo
Most people who are interested in volunteering will choose a Dojo that is local to them. To find a Dojo near you, please follow the steps below:
- Register an account on our community platform, Zen.
- Click 'Attend a Dojo' from the options bar on the CoderDojo website. You will then be directed to search for nearby Dojos by typing in the name of your town, city or region here.
- You will then be able to view a list, accompanied by a map, of Dojos in the area.
- Select a Dojo to view its profile page. Here you will be able to see details such as dates, times and any upcoming events.
- If you have any questions about getting involved, you can send an email to the Dojo Champion, using the email address provided on the left column of the Dojo's profile page.
- Once you have decided on a local Dojo that suits you, you can click the 'Join' button which is visible on the Dojo's profile page. By joining the Dojo, you will be notified of any upcoming events.
- To express your interest as a volunteer/Mentor, you can click the 'Volunteer as Mentor' button, which is located towards the bottom of the page. This will notify the Champion of your interest in becoming involved.
I am already involved in a Dojo
If you are already involved in a Dojo, for example as a parent/guardian of an attendee, or as a current/former attendee yourself all you need to do is talk to the Dojo Champion and see how you can help out!