The Vetting Invitation is a short one-page form that you fill out in order to start your Garda Vetting application.
It asks for the following information
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Role being vetted for
- Current address
- Name of Organisation
All the fields on the form must be filled in. Make sure the information you have entered is correct and complete before you send it. If there are mistakes or incomplete information the process it can cause the processes to be delayed significantly.
In addition to filling out the form you must provide proof of identity to the Dojo Champion or Child Protection Officer, which should be photocopied or scanned.
Once the form has been processed, you will receive an email requiring you to complete your application online. You must follow the link and fill in the remaining information in the online form.
Guidelines for filling in the paper form
- You must use BLOCK CAPITALS, allowing one letter or character per box.
- Please write clearly. If the information is not legible, it will result in errors and delay the application.
- Use a ball point pen.
- Guidelines for what should go in each field are included with the form. Please read them carefully.
- The Role Being Vetted For must be described specifically, for example "Non-Technical Mentor". A generic answer like "Volunteer" is not sufficient.
- The Name of Organisation should be CoderDojo (no space) followed by the Dojo name, for example "CoderDojo Docklands".
- Don't forget to tick the box stating your consent and confirming you have provided sufficient identification.
- The form should be signed by hand.
For more information about the vetting process, see the FAQ page.